Canada is one of the best country to acquire a best academical degrees. They are among the high profile and well recommended universities to have a futuristic degrees.
They assess to give you a good degrees, of which most African continent and other international students are eager to acquired an admission in one of the universities in Canada.
I will be enlisting 5 Best universities in Canada but remember Canada has other best universities you can seek for admission or scholarships programme.
List of 5 Best Universities in Canada
University of Toronto
St. George Campus Lake
University of Toronto is one of the best among ranking universities globally, and first best universities in Canada.
University of Toronto ranked first in Canada across all five categories on 2022 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), and placed among top 10 globally in the seven subject areas;
Education (4), Sports-related subjects (5), Anatomy and Physiology (8), Pharmacy and Phramacology (10), Philosophy (10), Medicine (10), and Nursing (10).
This is by broad subject categories evaluated in the QS world university rankings by subject 2022.
They ranked among the top 25 universities globally in 32 specific subject- a feat matched by only 6 other schools, which is Harvard University, University of California – Berkeley, Standford University, University of California – Los Angeles, University of Oxford, and the University of Cambridge.
History Of University Of Toronto
University of Toronto was founded by Royal charter as a king’s college in March 15th 1827. The first institution of higher learning in upper Canada, it was originally controlled by the church of England, before it was assumed it’s present name in 1850.
University of Toronto currently located at 27 king’s college For, Toronto, on M5s 1A1, Canada. Total enrollment: 62, 690 (2019).
The University of Toronto currently offer about 700 undergraduate programs in Life Sciences, Physical & Mathematics Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering, Kinesiology & Physical Education, Commerce & Management, Music and Architecture.
Additional offer; Second entry professional programs in Education, Nursing, Dentistry, Phramcy, Law and Medicine.
University of Toronto also offers scholarships for international students both undergraduate and postgraduate.
University of British Columbia
UBC Vancouver Urban
University of British Columbia (UBC) is global centre for teaching, research and learning, consistently ranking among the top 20 universities in the world world.
University of British Columbia practical embrace innovation and transforms ideas into action since 1915. It has been opening doors of opportunities for people with the curiosity, drive and vision to shape a better world academically.
History of University of British Columbia
University of British Columbia was established in 1908. It was British oldest university.
University of British Columbia is a public research university with campuses. It ranked three universities in Canada. It has two campus; Vancouver and Okanagan Campus.
Overview & Facts About University British Columbia
University of British Columbia is world leading centre of excellence, teaching, learning and research. They transforms personal initiative into innovation, and new ideas into impact.
At a Glance: $759.1 million research funding for 10,116 projects. ( 235 companies spun off from university of British Columbia research).
- Over 370,000 alumni in 148 countries.
- 17, 778 faculty and staff.
- 1,353 research projects with industry partners.
- 1,149 research contracts and agreements with government and non profits.
- $3.1 billion operates on an approximately annual consolidated budget by University of British Columbia.
- 56,936 Vancouver students ( Campus).
- 11,562 Okanagan students (Campus).
- 14,942 degrees granted in 2020.
- For International Students: 20.9% (Okanagan Campus) and 27.2% Students (Vancouver Campus).
- Faculty of applied Science.
- Faculty of Arts.
- School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture.
- School of Audiology and Speech Sciences.
- School of Community and Regional Planning.
- Sauder school of Business.
- Faculty of Dentistry.
- Faculty of Forestry
- Expanded learning
- Faculty of Education.
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- School of Journalism.
- School of Kinesiology
- Faculty of Land and Good Systems.
- Allard School of Law.
- School of Library, Archival and Information Studies.
- Faculty of Medicine.
- School of Music.
- School of Nursing.
- Faculty of Pramaceutial Science.
- School of Population and Public Health.
- School of Public Policy and Global Affairs.
- Faculty of School
- School of Social Work.
Okanagan Campus has nine faculties and Schools.
- Faculty Creative and Critical Studies.
- Faculty of Health and Social Development.
- Faculty of Management.
- Lrving K. Braver Faculty of Science.
- School of Engineering.
- Faculty of Medicine, Southern program.
- College of Graduate Studies.
Queen’s University Belfast Castle
Queen’s University, former Queen’s College at Kingston was established on 16th October 1841. 1841-1912, it was named Queen’s College at Kingston but officially named Queen’s University.
Queen’s University is highly ranked in Canada for students experience, taking an inclusive approach, and offering learning beyond the classroom.
Queen’s University research intensive environment and interdisciplinary program offering provide students with the comprehensive skills required in today’s competitive workforce with 91% Queen’s grads employed with six months after graduation.
Queen’s University bolstered by the outstanding reputation of it’s scholars and researchers with 2025 Noble Prize Winner Arthur B. McDonald.
Queen’s University provides unparalleled access to careers and personal development opportunities around the whole world, particularly academic power in cancer research, physics, geo engineering , data analytics, and social sciences, like surveillance students and mental health, the Queen’s sets graduates up for excellence across disciplines.
Facts About Queen’s University Belfast Castle
Queen’s University has home to more than 24, 000 students,boasts an undergraduate graduation rate of 93% with diverse learning opportunities, supports and a broad range of students services, unmistakable school spirit, and a tight knit global network of 159,000 alumni in 153 countries.
University of Victoria
Hatley Castle near Victoria British Columbia, University of Victoria.
University of Victoria (UVic) was first post-secondary institution established in 1903 by the province of British Columbia before it was reincorporated as university in 1st July 1963.
University of Victoria is a public research university located in municipalities of Qak Bay and Saanich, British Columbia, Canada.
Commitments: To work closely with the community partners to toaster respect and reconciliation, promote sustainable futures, and uphold the values of equity, diversity and inclusion; international perspectives, indigenous focus and sustainable initiatives.
Facts About University of Victoria
- 22,020 students both undergraduate and graduate.
- 5,000 employees, including 900 full time faculty staff.
- 169 start up companies till date.
- 1,145+ invention disclosure till date.
Consistently the top university in North America for international research collaboration.
Number one among Canadian comprehensive universities for preparing career ready students as of 2019 Time Higher Education Global University Employability Ranking.
University of Alberta
University of Alberta is a top 5 universities in Canada, and also 150 in the world.
University of Alberta is one the best top teaching and research universities in Canada, with international reputation for excellence in humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering and health sciences.
History Of University Of Alberta
University of Alberta was in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Tory, the first president of University of Alberta.
University of Alberta is a public research located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
University of Alberta has five campuses in two cities:
- North Campus Edmonton has 150 blocks, covers with 50 city blocks, nestled in edge of North Saskatchewan River.
- Saint Jean Campus Edmonton is a french language campus, one of a kind gem in the heart of Edmonton francophone community.
- Augustana Camrose campus is a historic campus in vibrant rural community, it is intimates residential learning environment.
- South Campus Edmonton is extensive land for agricultural research, home to several recreational facilities.
- Enterprise Square Edmonton is downtown hub for lifelong learners, a place where entrepreneurs can turn new research into new business.
Facts About University of Alberta
- 200+ Undergraduate programs.
- 500+ graduate programs.
- 40,061 students from different countries.
- National 3M training fellows.
- 75 Rhodes Scholars.
- 78 National Athletics Titles.
- College of Health.
- College of Natural & Applied Sciences.
- College of Social Sciences & Humanities.
In Conclusion, Canada has other best universities, of which you can do more research to get more information on the university you prefer. Be rest assured you will get best futuristic degrees from this Best top 5 universities listed, and even other universities in Canada.