The National University of Singapore is Asia’s top and a world-leading comprehensive research university, with a global approach to teaching and research programs that are centered in Asian settings. At both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, the institution provides a diverse range of topics ranging from sciences to music.
The National University of Singapore has 17 faculties and schools spread over three main campuses: Kent Ridge, Outram, and Bukit Timah.
NUS has a wide, demanding curriculum, multi-disciplinary courses, and cross-faculty modules. The institution uses a semester-based modular system that is a hybrid of British and American methods such as small group instruction (modules) (course credits).
Its transformational education allows students to transfer between courses, take electives from various faculties, participate in study abroad exchange programs, entrepreneurial internships, double degree, and joint degree programs with other leading institutions across the world.
At the same time, students have a lot of freedom to explore their creative, athletic, and cultural interests. More than 38,000 students from over 100 nations attend the University.
The National University of Singapore is well-known for its high-impact research operations in life sciences and biomedicine, engineering, social sciences, and natural sciences.
National University Of Singapore Acceptance Rate
NUS is a very competitive institution with a generally low admission rate. Every year, the institution receives thousands of applications, the majority of which come from Asia. However, due to a restricted number of seats in each class, the acceptance percentage falls to 5%.
National University of Singapore Tuition
On the NUS online application platform, international students must pay a non-refundable application fee of SGD 20. Fees can be paid electronically using foreign cards such as AMEX, AliPay, Visa, Mastercard, or PayNow.
Once you’ve successfully paid, you can then proceed to print a copy of the receipt for your records. Note that the application fee for all NUS programs is the same; however, it may increase over time.
National University of Singapore Business School
For more than 50 years, NUS Business School has produced outstanding students.NUS Business School, founded the same year Singapore earned independence, is now regarded as one of the world’s top business schools.
It distinguishes itself by combining the finest of global business knowledge with in-depth Asian perspectives, preparing students to lead Asian enterprises to worldwide success while also assisting global businesses to flourish in Asia.
The school attracts a diverse range of brilliant and talented students to its extensive array of academic programs, which includes BBA, MBA, Executive MBA, MSc, and Ph.D. programs, as well as bespoke and open enrolment Executive Education courses.
The school has a prominent international faculty trained at prestigious universities such as Harvard, Wharton, MIT, Oxford, and others. Aside from teaching, the research culture at the National University of Singapore Business school is centered on developing knowledge that is not only rigorous in its academic contribution but also relevant and powerful in influencing leadership and policy creation in the corporate and public sectors.
Below are some of the courses offered in the National University of Singapore business school (Masters):
- MSc In Management + CEMS MIM
- MSc In Finance
- MSc In Management
- MSc In Marketing Analytics & Insights
- MSc In Marketing Analytics & Insights + CEMS MIM
- MSc In Business Analytics (Offered By NUS Business Analytics Centre)
- MSc In Supply Chain Management (Offered By The Logistics Institute Asia Pacific)
- MSc In Accounting
- MSc In Real Estate
- MSc In Human Capital Management And Analytic
National University of Singapore MBA
According to the 2018 QS World University Rankings, the NUS MBA is placed 15th in the world. The NUS MBA provides a stimulating environment for development and discovery, preparing students for leadership roles in today’s competitive global industry.
The NUS MBA provides students with a solid foundation in general management as well as optional programs that allow them to tailor the program to their specific career goals.
The NUS MBA provides students with a wide understanding of basic management topics while also allowing them to gain industry-specific skills.
Students can choose between the following specializations: Finance, Healthcare Management, Marketing, Strategy and Organization, and Innovation and Entrepreneurship are all areas of study.
National University Of Singapore Courses
NUS provides a wide range of teaching and research courses in the form of degrees and other programs, including:
- Concurrent degree programs
- Minor programs
- Joint-degree programs
- Double-major programs
- Double-degree programs
- Part-time programs
NUS has collaborated with over 300 universities in over 40 countries, allowing students to participate in Student Exchange Programmes. Aside from full-time bachelor’s degree programs, undergraduate students can select from the following options
National University of Singapore Admission Eligibility
The following are the minimal program-specific eligibility criteria that international candidates must achieve before applying to the National University of Singapore:
Requirements for Undergraduate
- A grade 12 in a relevant discipline with high marks in all five key subjects (including English)
- IELTS: A minimum overall band score of 6.5, with 6.5 in the Reading and Writing components.
- TOEFL: A minimum internet-based score of 92-93 or a paper-based score of 580 is required.
- PTE Academic: Minimum total score of 62, with reading and writing components of 62.
- C1 Advanced/Cambridge English-Advanced: A minimum score of 180 is required.
- MUET: At least 200 Standardised Exams:
- SAT: A minimum of 600 for the evidence-based Reading and Writing part and 650 for the Mathematics section.
- ACT: A minimum composite score of 29 with a minimum of 8 in the Writing component.
Students may also rely only on their SAT scores to demonstrate their English competence.
Requirements for Graduate Level
Bachelor’s degree with honors in a related subject
- IELTS: A minimum of 6 bands is required for MS.
- An MBA requires a minimum of 6.5 bands.
- TOEFL: A minimum score of 85–92 is required for MS.
- A minimum MBA score of 100
- GMAT: A minimum score of 650 is required (must for MBA)
- GRE: A minimum of 320 in Verbal and Quantitative, as well as 3.5 in Analytical (optional)
To apply to NUS, Indian candidates may submit their GATE result with a minimum of 90% instead of the GRE or GMAT.
Furthermore, in extreme situations, such as those with more than ten years of work experience, the GMAT or GRE requirement may be waived.
In this situation, individuals must also demonstrate their remarkable accomplishment in academic history and perform admirably in the interview stages.
When applying to the National University of Singapore, international students must provide the following documents:
- Certified academic transcripts (of previous qualifications in English)
- A declaration of purpose, a personal statement, or a motivational letter (essays as per course requirements)
- Academic/professional references/LORs
- CV/academic résumé of the student • English proficiency test score/result
- A valid passport
- A valid SAT or ACT exam score for undergraduates
- A valid GMAT, GRE, or GATE exam score for graduates
Please keep in mind that these are typical prerequisites for applying to NUS and may change depending on the degree. It is advised that you check the course page on the official website for the specific prerequisites
National University Of Singapore Scholarship
NUS is regarded as one of Singapore’s most prestigious educational institutions. The institution has established a number of scholarship programs to assist both domestic and foreign students.
Despite the fact that there are a limited amount of scholarships available for overseas students, the school covers the majority of its applications.
NUS Scholarship Highlights Approximately 90% of the NUS scholarships are meant to pay either the entire tuition cost or a portion of it. The vast majority of scholarships are given to students at the time of their entrance.