American Express College Scholarships offers a number of scholarships that can help you pay for college. Many of these awards are merit-based, meaning that they are awarded based on your academic excellence.
You can see the full list of American Express scholarships here, but some important topics to be aware of include:
To maximize your chances of being considered for an American Express scholarship, it is advisable to submit applications early (fall and winter deadlines) and focus on submitting application forms that showcase your best academic achievements.
You should also make use of the online scholarship tool available through AmEx’s website which allows you to easily search for and apply to American Express scholarships that match your interests and academic strengths..
The 5 Best American Express College Scholarships
1. American Express College Scholarships for International Students
American Express offers scholarships to international students, offering competitive grants and reduced tuition rates. To be eligible for the American Express college scholarship, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of one of the following countries: Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, Argentina or Venezuela.
You must also have a valid undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in your country of origin. If you are applying to study at an American America school outside these five countries please check out our list of best American schools abroad!
2. The AMEX Foundation Scholarship Program
The AMEX Foundation Scholarship Program offers scholarships to high school seniors and college students. Eligible applicants must have a 3.0 or higher GPA, demonstrate financial need, be interested in continuing their education after completing their undergraduate degree and have met at least one of the following requirements: being a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, attending an accredited U.S. university or possessing dual citizenship with the United States and one of the aforementioned countries).
3. American Express Culinary Scholarships
The American Express Culinary Scholarships are designed for talented students who want to enter into the culinary field. Eligible applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the culinary field and demonstrate excellent academic potential.
4. The AMEX Foundation Scholarship for College Students with Disabilities
American Express offers scholarships to students with disabilities who want to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited U.S. college or university.
You must be enrolled full-time and have a valid college degree from an accredited institution in order to be eligible for this scholarship program.
5. The Andre Joyal Scholarship Program
The Andre Joyal Scholarship is open to Canadian undergraduate students who are pursuing degrees in business, engineering or science. The scholarship is worth $50,000 per year and it can be applied to tuition, fees, and special course costs associated with a degree at an eligible U.S. college or university.
American Express College Scholarships – List of Eligibility Criteria
There are a number of eligibility criteria that you must meet in order to be eligible for an American Express College Scholarships. Some of the most common eligibility requirements include:
- Attending a U.S. college or university
- Being a current, full-time student at a U.S. college or university
- Having earned excellent academic achievement
- Being a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Having a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Being a financial need-based applicant
6 Tips for Navigating the American Express College Scholarship Application Process!
1. Start by accessing the American Express website and create an account. This will give you access to all of their scholarship application resources, including a MyAmmo page that allows you to track your progress through the application process.
2. Once you have created your account, click on the Scholarship Opportunities tab and select College Scholarships from the dropdown menu in the upper left corner of the screen. Review each of American Express’ many different types of scholarships before submitting your application!
3. Next, download and complete America’s scholarship applications: The Common Application , The essay response questionnaires for the College Board AP exams, and The Coalition Application. You may also choose to submit supplemental application materials, such as letters of recommendation or academic transcripts.
4. Once you have completed all of your applications and received all required approvals (usually including scholarships’ specific review criteria), it’s time to start writing! American Express strongly recommends that you write a 600-word essay responding to one of their prompts in order to demonstrate your creativity, engagement with the scholarship guidelines/requirements, and/or why you are an excellent candidate for the award.
5. Finally, it’s important to stay organized and submit your scholarship applications on time! American Express will not process any late submissions, so be sure to submitted all of your materials as soon as possible.
6. If you have any questions about the application process or feel like you may need additional assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to American Express’ Scholarship consultants for help!
How to Apply for American Express College Scholarships
1. Go to the American Express website and sign up for their email newsletter. This is where you will find all of the scholarship information sent out by American Express.
2. Once you have signed up for their email newsletter, click on the “Scholarship Opportunities” tab on the left hand side of your screen.
3. On this page, you will be presented with a list of all current scholarships available from American Express College Scholarships Program .
4 . To apply for a scholarship, simply complete the application form included with each invitation letter and submit it with the required documents to the school you are attending.
5. American Express will review each application and award scholarships based on merit, so make sure you put your best foot forward when applying