- The Late Alaafia of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Atanda Adeyemi 111, was born on October 15, 1938.
- He is from Alowolodu Royal House and a member of the House of Oranmiyan
- His father, Raji Adeniran Adeyemi became Alaafin in 1945 and was deposed and exiled in 1954.
- Lamidi Adeyemi was chosen by the kingmakers on November 18, 1970, and then moved into the palace after completing the necessary rites under the tutelage of the Oyomesi.
- Oba Adeyemi succeeded Alaafin Gbadegesin Ladigbolu II in 1970, during the governorship of Colonel Robert Adeyinka Adebayo.
- He is a lover of boxing, as he was a boxer before ascending the throne of his fathers.
Late Alaafin Of Oyo’s Wives
Alaafin is married to 13 wives which include Ayaba Abibat Adeyemi, his senior wife other wives are
- Ayaba Rahmat Adedayo Adeyemi
- Ayaba Mujidat Adeyemi
- Ayaba Rukayat Adeyemi
- Ayaba Folashade Adeyemi
- Ayaba Badirat Ajoke Adeyemi
- Ayaba Memunat Omowunmi Adeyemi
- Ayaba Omobolanle Adeyemi
- Ayaba Moji Adeyemi,
- Ayaba Anuoluwapo Adeyemi
- Ayaba Damilola Adeyemi
- He worked briefly at the Royal Exchange Assurance in Lagos, while working at the Royal Exchange.
- He was honoured with the national honour of CFR at the National Theatre, Iganmu, Lagos in 1979.
READ ALSO: Alaafin Of Oyo Dies After Ogbomosho, Olubadan Monarchs Demise
- In 1980, he was the pioneering Chancellor of the newly established University of Sokoto, now Uthman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto where he spent 12 years.