2022 Waec Physics practical specimen answers: The 2022 waec physics practical specimen answers an apparatus has been released earlier today by the waec board. For those searching for the 2022 waec physics practical specimen and other related searches, they have all been listed below and they are sternly genuine.
Instructions To Schools
- Great care should be taken to ensure that the information given below does not reach the candidates either directly or indirectly before the examination
- In addition to the usual apparatus in a Physics laboratory, each candidate will require the following
- Mathematical table/calculator
- Geometrical instruments
- Metal rule
- Knife edge
- A piece of string
- A weighing balance
- A weight hanger
- A set of masses, M = (20g, 40g, 60g, 80g and 100g)
Related Article For You:
- Deep transparent vessels filled with water
- Vernier caliper
- Standard masses, M = (2g, 5g and 10g)
- A piece of String
- Forceps (to be used to pick masses placed inside the boiling tube)
- Source of heating
- Test tubes or boiling tubes of the following dimensions
- Length: at least 14 cm
- External Diameter: 2.5cm
The teacher should:
- Use starch to fix a string of graph sheet marked in centimeters inside the boiling tube or test tube. The 0 cm mark of the scale should be at the bottom of the tube.
- Place sufficient amount of dry sand or lead shot in the test tube or boiling tube to make it float, when that is done, pour it into a small light polythene and seal it. Push the sealed sand or lead shot to the bottom of the tube.
- 2 dry cells (1.5 V each) connected in series
- Connecting leads should be provided for the battery
- Ammeter (0 – 2A)
- Standard resistor, R of resistance, 2 ohms
- Connecting wires
- Conducting the Practical Physics Test
- The following announcements should be made to the candidates at the beginning of the examination
“The examiner does not want you to waste your time because you cannot proceed with an experiment. Any candidate, therefore, who cannot get on with the experiment after spending 15 minutes on it, may come to me and ask for help”
- The Physics teacher should be allowed to give a hint to a candidate who is unable to proceed with an experiment.
- The following regulations must be strictly adhered to:
- No hint should be announced to the candidates as a whole
- A candidate who is unable to proceed and requires assistance must come up to you and state his or her difficulty. The candidate should be told that the Examiner will be informed of any assistance given in any way.
- A note must be made on the Report Form, of any kind of assistance given to any candidate, with the name and index number of the candidate.
- Report Form are provided separately, on which you are required to state the following:
- Detailed information about the apparatus where necessary
- Any particular difficulties experienced by any candidate, especially if the Examiner would be unable to discover these from the scripts
- Any departure from the specified items which could not be avoided
- Any assistance given to the candidate under the regulations explained in 5 above
- In cases where several set of apparatus are provided for a question and specific information about the apparatus is required by the Examiner, each piece of apparatus about which the information is required, and which may differ slightly for different candidates, must be clearly marked with letter A, B, C, etc. and the corresponding information must be clearly reported, showing which apparatus was supplied to which candidates. The candidate should be instructed to record these letters in their scripts
- A completed Report Form must be enclosed in each envelope of scripts.