2022 Waec computer studies 3 practical: The 2022 waec computer studies 3 practical specimen answers and tolls needed for the examination has been released earlier today by the waec board. For those searching for the 2022 waec physics practical specimen and other related searches, they have all been listed below and they are sternly genuine.
Instruction to Schools and Supervisors
- Great care should be taken to ensure that the information given below does not reach the candidates either directly or indirectly before the examination date
(a) The timetable allows for the examination to be taken in two sets. Where a school is presenting candidates for the second set, the supervisor must ensure that the work from the first set is permanently deleted from the hard drive including the recycle bin.
(b) Additional 5 minutes should be given to candidates at the end of the examination to print out their finished/unfinished solution
(c) Invigilators should pick up candidates’ hard copies from the printers and handover to the candidates to avoid overcrowding around the printer
(d) Candidates are to submit their printouts to the supervisor(s) themselves
(e) The candidate’s printout should be signed by the supervisor
(f) Schools should ensure that no candidate brings in any storage device or media (e.g, flash drives, compact disk, etc) into the examination hall
Related Articles For You To See:
2. The number of computers provided for the examination should be at least half of the population or numbers of candidates who entered for the examination. For instance:
(a) a school presenting 20 candidates must have at least 10 computers
(b) a school presenting 55 candidates must have at least 28 computers
3. The computers should be connected to a Local Area Network
4. One high performance printer should be connected to at most 10 computers (i.e ratio of printers to computer is 1:10
5. The Operating System for the application should be Window 7 or higher version
6. The following application packages should be installed on each computers
(a) MS WORD 2007 or higher
(b) MS EXCEL 2007 or higher
(c) MS ACCESS 2007 or higher
(d) MS POWERPOINT 2007 or higher
7. School are encouraged to provide additional PC’s on standby in case of equipment failure
8. If a candidate damages any of the equipment, the matter should be rectified and a note made on the Report Form.
ASSISTANCE TO CANDIDATES
9. The purpose of the practical Computer Studies test is to know or find out whether the candidates can carry out simple practical work themselves.
” The Examiner is aware that a candidate sometimes may not be able to show his/her practical ability owing to his/her failure to understand some point in the laboratory/workshop, he should be prepared to give such a candidate a hint to enable hi/her get on the experiment. In order to overcome this difficulty, you are asked to cooperate with the Examiner to the extent of being ready to give (or to allow the Computer Studies teacher to give) a hint to candidate who is unable to proceed”.
10. The following regulation must be strictly adhere to:
(a) No hint may be announced to the candidate as a whole
(b) A candidate who is unable to proceed and requires assistance must come up to you and state his/her difficulty. The candidate should be told that the Examiner will be informed of any assistance rendered in any way.
(c) A note must be made, in the Report Form, of any assistance given to any candidate, with the name and index number of the candidate.
11. it is suggested that the following announcement must be made to the candidates:
“The Examiner does not want to waste your time through inability to proceed with the practical test after he/she has spent 15 minutes on it, may come to me and ask for help. I shall report to the Examiner any help given in this way, and some marks may be lost for the help recieved.
You may ask me for any additional equipment which you think would improve the accuracy of your work, and you should state on your script how you used such equipment.”